Hi Aseprite friends! ^_^/
I’m going to make an Aseprite Script compilation here, I’ll try to gather links and info about all the scripts the community has made into this post. If you are interested in scripts and can be of any help, please don’t hesitate and help me!!
HOW TO INSTALL A SCRIPT:
- Download the script (scripts are files with .lua extension, so if you download them as a .zip file you will need to uncompress them)
- Open the user script folder
- Copy the script in that folder (if you want you can also create folders there for organisation)
- Restart Aseprite.
- Then you will be able to access to that script from the File > Scripts > YourScriptName menu option
- You can also create a Keyboard Shortcut for each script that you want from the Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts menu (type “script” in the search box to find them easily)
HOW TO CREATE A SCRIPT:
- You should know how to program a little bit, or at least don’t be scared of trying
- Learn a bit about Lua:
2.1 all you need to know about Lua.
2.2 online tester for normal Lua code.
- Aseprite scripting API.
- Aseprite Script Examples (by dacap) - https://github.com/aseprite/Aseprite-Script-Examples
- Touch Toolbar helper (by dacap) - link to file
- Slice (by molingyu) - https://github.com/molingyu/AsepriteScript
- Displacement (by heidi) - https://github.com/Heidi-Potato/scripts-for-asesprite
- Timer script (by goustkor) - https://github.com/goustkor/Aseprite-Scripts
- Multi Color Replacer (by goustkor) - https://github.com/goustkor/Aseprite-Scripts
- Pixel Stats (by haloflooder) - https://github.com/haloflooder/Aseprite-Scripts/releases
NxPA Studio (by Kacper Woźniak aka thkaspar) is a powerful script suite that consists of:
Scale: a script that allows for upscaling pixel art without introducing new colors using a variety of algorithms: Nearest Neighbor, Eagle, Scale2x and a custom algorithm named Hawk.
Tween: a script for effortless animation inbetweening based on position.
Note: a to-do list app inside Aseprite.
Link to demo in Twitter.
Various Aseprite scripts (by Chris Anselmo aka christopherwk210)
image/color-overlay.lua: Overwrites all non-transparent pixels in the current layer with any given color/opacity. Can be applied to the current layer or to a new layer.
image/stroke.lua: Outlines all non-transparent pixels in the current layer with any color and width. Can be applied to the current layer or to a new layer.
timeline/add-frame-background.lua: Adds a new frame to the timeline, copying cels from every layer but the active one. Useful when working on animations with a background.
misc/midi.lua: Generates a piece of music based on the colors in the current cel image, and outputs the result into a midi file. (midi demo)
Generate normal map (by Rucho/るっちょ @ruccho_vector) (demo)
Download version for one frame
Download version for all frames
- Parallax tool (by Hazel Quantock aka TekF) (demo)
- Isometric Box Generator: (at itch.io) (at github) (by Kamil @darkwark) (demo)
- C64 helper scripts for Aseprite (by Viza74)
Aseprite Scripts by aquova
Color Compliment:This script asks for a single color and returns the HSV color compliment according to the color wheel.
Hue Generator: This script asks for two colors and the number of intermediate colors you wish to generate. The script will then give a window with a range of colors between the two that were given.
Shade Generator:This script will give a range of shades brighter and darker than the color that is given, ranging from black up to white.
aseprite-scripts (by rikfuzz)
AsepriteScripts (by Cotu41)
AsepriteScripts (by alexpennells)
- APNG reader/decoder (by kettek) (Work in Progress by now)
- Isometric Guidelines (by oscb)
- Mask layer-like extensions (by masakazu-k)
- aseprite-xcolor (by steven-kraft): An external color picking script for Aseprite using xcolor by Soft. Allows you to pick colors from outside of the Aseprite application. Currently only tested on Linux.
- Aseprite-Export-Tags (by StarJackal57): Exports the tags of the active Aseprite sprite and exports as a horizontal png strip. The file is labeled with the proper suffix to make import into Game Maker projects much simpler.
- PixeLips (by BoThompson): An Aseprite Script Plugin to implement using Papagayo files to animate Lipsyncing
- Color Shading (by Dominick John): An Aseprite Script to open a dialog with relevant color shades - https://github.com/dominickjohn/aseprite/blob/master/Color%20Shading.lua
- Export sprite’s layers as individual images (by Juan Gaspar): Script that exports all layers on a sprite as individual png images with their own name and on a specific folder. https://gist.github.com/rapsaGnauJ/5c4c43f060d633369b9447ae21cc4491
I’m making some scripts too (I’m not very good though), when they are more or less functional I’ll be adding them into the list.
Also, I’m sure that there are lots of people making Aseprite scripts out there, so if you know (or you are) one of them, or have any suggestion, please leave a comment!! ^^