You can download the trial version from Aseprite website: Aseprite - Trial
In the trial version you cannot save images, and the only way you’ll find to move your unsaved work from the trial version to the official version is using copy-and-paste of each canvas/cel.
This is a quick guide to migrate your sprite from the trial to the full version:
- Select the whole image with Ctrl+A (or ⌘A on macOS) in the trial vesion
- Copy the whole image with Ctrl+C (⌘A)
- Go to the full version and create a new sprite with Ctrl+N (⌘N), the default size will be the size of the clipboard.
- Paste the image with Ctrl+V
- In case that you have several frames or layers, you can repeat the process copying-and-pasting each frame
In there future we would like to improve this in other way (e.g. copying and pasting the whole sprite between the programs with just one command).