You can download the trial version from Aseprite website: https://www.aseprite.org/trial/
In the trial version you cannot save images, and the only way you’ll find to move your unsaved work from the trial version to the official version is using copy-and-paste of each canvas/cel.
This is a quick guide to migrate your sprite from the trial to the full version:
- Select the whole image with Ctrl+A (or ⌘A on macOS) in the trial vesion
- Copy the whole image with Ctrl+C (⌘A)
- Go to the full version and create a new sprite with Ctrl+N (⌘N), the default size will be the size of the clipboard.
- Paste the image with Ctrl+V
- In case that you have several frames or layers, you can repeat the process copying-and-pasting each frame
In there future we would like to improve this in other way (e.g. copying and pasting the whole sprite between the programs with just one command).