Export packed sprite sheet with out merging!

Please add this! It messes with my work flow when I manually have to make pot textures but aseprite wont let me keep the duplicates! I waste a lot of time fixing the animations inside of unity just because it wont allow me to export packed with duplicates! Or is there a way to do this??

1 Like

Hi there @gabrielyea, what plugin are you using to import .aseprite files into Unity? Why doesn’t this plugin support reading duplicates from the sprite sheet (which is actually the same as reading non-duplicates, because the data must be loaded from the JSON file anyway)?

Hello! I just export the sprite sheets and let unity pack them inside an atlas. I had no idea I needed a plugin or an external tool to achieve what I was asking for. But I got an aseprite importer plugin and it works great! But I still think it is weird it wont let me just get power of two sheets with duplicates. It is a pixel art game, textures are really small so I dont know how much space it saves me anyway. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction!