[Extension] Collection of micro extensions for Aseprite

Extend Cel - Download :link:

Extend Cel is a micro extension that provides an option to quickly link a cel with all proceeding empty cels.

Extension adds

• New cel context menu option - Extend Cel

Preview

extend_cel_prev2

Go To - Download :link:

Go To is a micro extension that provides an option to search and go to a layer, tag, or frame.

Extension adds

• New menu option - Sprite > Go to…
  • New keyboard shortcut for the Go To option - Ctrl+G

Preview

go-to-prev2

Select Content - Download :link:

Select Content is a micro extension that provides an option to precisely select cel’s content.

Extension adds

• New menu option - Select > Content
  • New keyboard shortcut for the Select Content option - Ctrl+Shift+A

Preview

select-content-prev

Center Image - Download :link:

Center Image is a micro extension that provides an option to move image content precisely to the center of a sprite or selection.

Extension adds

• New menu option - Edit > Center
  • New options for keyboard shortcuts - Center X and Center Y

Preview

center-image-prev - Copy
Center vs Weighted Center

Brush Transformations - Download :link:

Brush Transformations is a micro extension that provides options to transform a custom brush on the fly.

Extension adds

• New menu option - Edit > Brush Rotate 90 CW, with a default keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+W
  • New menu option - Edit > Brush Flip Vertical, with a default keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+Q
  • New menu option - Edit > Brush Flip Horizontal, with a default keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+H
  • New menu option - Edit > Brush Rotate 90 CCW, with a default keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+V

Preview

brush_transformations_prev2

Modify Frame Rate - Download :link:

Modify Frame Rate is a micro extension that provides an option to speed up or slow down multiple frames simultaneously to a percentage of their current frame rate.

Extension Adds

• New menu option - Frame > Modify Frame Rate

Preview

modify-frame-rate-prev2

Cel Tracking - Download :link:

Cel Tracking is a micro extension that allows following the movement of cels from another layer.

Extension Adds

• New context menu options for cels - Track Cel(s) and Snap To Cel(s)

Preview

cel-tracking-prev-3 - Copy

Randomize Brush - Download :link:

Randomize Brush is a micro extension that provides an option to change brush properties (size, angle, color) on every click.

Extension Adds

• New menu option - Edit > Brush Properties

Preview

Grow or shrink the brush
Rotate the brush
Shuffle colors

Playback Shortcuts - Download :link:

Playback Shortcuts is a micro extension for Aseprite that provides customizable keyboard shortcuts for playing tagged animations, and a new option to play a sequence of tags one after another.

Concept for the extension by Daniele Lynx Lasalandra

Extension adds

• New keyboard shortcuts for playing a tagged animation - Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, …, Ctrl+9, where the number corresponds to the tag’s order in a sprite, starting from the first frame

• New keyboard shortcut for playing the entire animation, ignoring tags - Ctrl+0

• New keyboard shortcut for playing previous/next tagged animation - Ctrl+, and Ctrl+.

• New menu option - Frame > Tag Playback > Shortcuts… (for Aseprite v1.2, it’s Frame > Tag Playback Shortcuts…), for customizing tags assigned to keyboard shortcuts

• New menu option - Frame > Tag Playback > Sequence… (for Aseprite v1.2, this option is NOT available), for setting up a sequence of tags to be played one after another, this sequence can also be assigned to a keyboard shortcut

Note

When using the extension with Aseprite v1.3, information about customized keyboard shortcuts, and tag sequences are stored inside the Aseprite file. This allows for restoring set configurations after reopening the file, even on a different device (given the extension is installed there as well).

However opening an Aseprite file containing extension data in Aseprite v1.2 will display an error - it has nothing to do with the image data and you can safely ignore it, just note that a file saved in this version will wipe the extension data (all information about the image is preserved).

Preview

playback-shortcuts-demo1-edited
playback-shortcuts-demo2-editd
playback-shortcuts-demo3-edited

Source Code

All extensions are also available on GitHub .

9 Likes

I updated this thread to contain all of my micro extensions (and not only the Extend Cel) to avoid spamming the forum. :v:

That’s considerate of you!

If you write more extensions though, consider that the forum’s search does a poor job with posts that contain many different things (for example, it’s very hard to find anything in the big scripts collection thread), so it’s best not to include more than a few extensions per post. A few scripts per post in one thread, or a few related scripts per thread, would probably be the best compromise between avoiding spam and making it easier to find your scripts.

2 Likes

Thanks for your extensions, man. I’m using magic pencil and it is of great help.

About the extend cel, I know it will link until it finds another “filled” cel. But, is that possible to make the extension act like a link cel feature until the last frame if you click in the first filled cel and all the subsequent frames are empty? I think this could be good, cause linking cels, selecting manually all of them is kind of tedious.

I’m not sure I understood correctly, at the moment the Extend Cel option will extend as far as possible, so it will extend to the very end if there are no other cels (on the same layer).

Unless you mean like extending cels on multiple layers at the same time? If you could provide some screenshot, a gif or anything that would visually present the idea it would be greatly helpful.

You are right, I did restart aseprite and the extend cel is working as expected. Thanks.

1 Like

I added a new micro extension - Center Image

center-image-prev - Copy

3 Likes

Is there any chance to have separate Center Horizontally and Center Vertically actions? When designing GUIs, it’s often useful to centre something along just one axis without moving it in the other, I use that feature a fair bit in Photoshop.

2 Likes

@eishiya They’re there, but only available for keyboard shortcuts as I didn’t want to overcrowd the UI:

3 Likes

Oh, cool! Then it should be easy for me to modify this to be the other way around - X and Y in the menu, Center not in the menu. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

I added a new micro extension - Brush Transformations

brush_transformations_prev2

1 Like

Hi @thkwznk,

I tried this extension out and it clipped the brush’s edges. I think you need to subtract 1 from width and height when swapping pixels, for example transformedImage:drawPixel(height - 1 - pixel.y, pixel.x, pixel()).

Cheers,
Jeremy

2 Likes

Thank you, I had this issue reported by someone on Twitter and your suggestion worked perfectly. :pray: I just pushed an update to v1.0.1 that has this fix.

I added a new micro extension - Modify Frame Rate

Modify Frame Rate Preview

I added a new micro extension to the list - Cel Tracking

Cel Tracking Preview

1 Like

An update for Center Image to v2.0.0 was released.

Changes:

• [Feature] Weighted Centering (suggested by @not_surt)
  • [Improvement] From Aseprite v1.3-rc2 - add a new submenu for the Center options, and add centering only on X or Y axis as menu options (previously only available as key bindings)
  • [Improvement] Add default keyboard shortcuts
  • [Fix] Block centering on locked layers
2 Likes

I added a new micro extension to the list - Randomize Brush

Grow or shrink the brush
Rotate the brush
Shuffle colors

1 Like

A new extension was added to the list - Playback Shortcuts

playback-shortcuts-demo1-edited
playback-shortcuts-demo2-editd
playback-shortcuts-demo3-edited

2 Likes

An update to Modify Frame Rate to v2.0.0 was released:

Changes:

• [Improvement] Change dialog window to provide more information about the frame range being modified - min, max, average and total frame duration
  • [Improvement] Add shortcuts to speed up/slow down frames from the Frame context menu
1 Like