Hi! I created a extension to import old MSX image files like:
SC1, SC2, SC3, SC4 (tiled modes)
SC5, SC6(*), SC7(*), SC8 (indexed bitmap modes)
SCA, SCC (YJK coded bitmap modes)
With v1.2 the extension can write/export the bitmap modes:
SC5, SC6, SC7, SC8, SCA, SCC.
(*): Pixel aspect ratio can now be changed from a script, so SC6 and SC7 files changes pixel aspect ratio automatically.
Go to File->Import MSX image file to open the import dialog.
You can download the extension here:
And here you can download images for testing:
MSX image file import v1.0
- New optional layer with RAW Tileset Banks for SC1, SC2 and SC4 files
- Apply MSX2 palette in MSX1 modes if there is one in the file.
- Added Plugin preferences to store user options.
MSX image file import v1.2
- Support to write/export files of bitmap modes (SC5, SC6, SC7, SC8, SCA and SCC)
- Error control improved (not yet perfect)
Write/export for tiled images (SC1, SC2, SC4) and SC3 mode is not yet supported.