iOS / Android version

With the new Apple pen and the tapping feature (double tap the pen to change between last used tool in most apps) I think the right clicking roadblock mentioned above could be removed relatively easy. The other suggested options would work fine as well if you ask me, because it‘s not such a big deal to tap a small icon in between steps.

Also I‘d like you to know that I‘d pay pretty much any amount up to 50 bucks for this app on the appstore. That would be about the same price I‘d have to pay for proper equipment to work on PC. Plus there I‘d have to learn all the quirks of the new hardware, where the iPad seems very intuitive to me.

I hope to see Aseprite for iOs come to life in the near future!

Thanks for making great software an I‘d be glad to help in any way I can if testers or general feedback are/is needed.

2 Likes

I would like to add that I also would love this on IOS and would pay the same amount that I just paid for the PC version just to have it again on the iPad.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

1 Like

Hi,
With the new IpadOS that support mouse, i think you can make 2 setting for Aseprite, one optimized for touch and another work just the same as in MacOS/Window ( for people that have both keyboard and mouse, and need aseprite at its full capacity). For many people, myself included, having aseprite on ipad would be a huge game-changer since my whole workflow revolve around it, and using other pixel art tool on IOS (as of now) is just like crippled myself…

Yeah, the idea is to provide both interfaces, one that is more optimized for touch experiences, but keeping the desktop one too (e.g. a desktop item at the top-right corner to switch between both interfaces).

2 Likes

Have you used Procreate? The way they switch between tools is so intuitive. I’d say they are the best role model.

2 Likes

just adding that I’d also be willing to donate to an iOS port. I’d love to beta test too.

1 Like

I will also pay for the iOS version and would love to beta test when the opportunity arises.

Any idea when it might see the light of day? I’m debating whether to wait or just buy the Steam version(not my first choice). The mere fact that you’re working on it is beyond exciting!

I’ve tried several different photo editors and ASE sprite is most efficient application for video games with retro graphics. I started a new project and been using ASE sprite for the past months now. It’s great on windows and I just purchased an ipad with the pencil. It would be very beneficial for ios version and I’m willing to pay money for it.

1 Like

Hi guys, do you lot have an eta on this possible? What’s the development looking like? Would happily pay for the iOS app.

Hi all! I created an account here just to reply to this post

I too am happy to pay for an iOS version :grinning:

Drawing the art using the Apple Pencil would be fantastic, just make sure there’s palm rejection.

Tried Aseprite on my iPad Pro and it is super amazing!))

(via Sidecar on my macbook)

Pretty handy to use as-is till the native iOS version comes. It only lacks portability, I have to to stay by my laptop

Would appreciate any info on the iPad OS version

3 Likes

I’d love to see this on ipad. I understand is difficult and time consuming so maybe you can make a kickstarter campaign? I see a lot of benefits and quite frankly you would get it in 24 hours.

1 Like

This!
Procreate got a solid foundation on UX for drawing software on iPads some years ago. Before that I thought it wasn’t possible above “toy” levels.

Granted, the amount of work required could be huge.

1 Like

Howdy @dacap, just now jumping into this conversation.
Is there still future plans for an IOS port version?
Also wondering if there is a way to maybe get into a beta testing phase when that happens?

Thanks for all the amazing work you do!!

2 Likes

Any news about iOS version?

There are no news about the iOS port, and probably no progress at all until Aseprite v1.3 (at least the first beta) is released (which will include the tilemap editor).

2 Likes

I really wish an android version would exist because it would be perfect for my Wacom cintiq hybrid but for now, the best solution I found is a cheap windows tablet with a capacitive stylus. Works well on the go and the touch interface is OK. I just have some touch shortcuts to have ctrl z alt and several others.

I am very curious about the current situation on a mobile ios version

So is there a iPad version available ? Is it just the mac os download?

Just putting this here so you know one more person is excited for aseprite on ios!

3 Likes