🇮🇹 Italian translation!

EDIT: Link diretto alla traduzione italiana

Hello everyone! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t3:
Congrats for having such a nice and pretty forum, quite appropriate for a pixel art drawing software. :heart_eyes:

I bought Aseprite some months ago and I immediately tried to set it on italian, but there’s no it :it: localization yet. So I said: “Let’s make it on my own!”

I gotta say that I had to spend some time searching for what to actually do to help translate it, I’ve noticed that there’s a Git project here in languages but no clear instructions on what to do to contribute.

So what I did was going into the software directory and I found this file named en.ini which seemed to contain the strings to translate. I did a duplicate, named it it.ini and just started translating away. :smiley:

After some hours of work, I randomly found this forum, so here I am.
Is this the correct thing to do? Once I completed translating the file, what should I do?
I’m able to test it already directly in my Aseprite by changing the language in the preferences, but what’s next?

Cheers for your help!

3 Likes

Hi @Fabiano! thanks for contacting us about this. You are right, the en.ini file contains the text of the program, so creating an it.ini is the first step for the translation.

Then you can create a package (create a .zip and rename the extension to .aseprite-extension) to distribute your translation, the .zip must contain your it.ini file and other file named package.json: Aseprite - Docs - Extensions

In the languages project you can see some examples about how to package other languages, for example French or Portuguese.

I hope it helps!

1 Like

Hello @dacap

Thanks so much for your help!
I created an extension package ready to be downloaded and tested.

IT language Aseprite extension:

IT language .zip:

For any feedback or suggestion, contact me here on the forum or write a mail to the address you find in the package description (try again in case I don’t reply in a few days, the message could have been thrown into the spam closet from the stupid spam filter).

Add it to the GitHub Project so people can see it more easily.

Hi @Francicoria! I thought about doing it but which files should I add to the repo?
Just the text file with the strings?

Look at the others folders and copy them.

Alright, I think everything’s setup on GitHub.

@Francicoria can you try to see if you can download and use the translation?

And @dacap now you can add this translation to the list on your project if you like. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I can use it with no problem. I will help with the translation and I wish others will do. Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @Fabiano! I’ll add a link to your repository in languages

2 Likes

Italian translation updated to Aseprite 1.2.34.1

Download

Corrected 2 typos and uploaded version 3, link to the latest version is always the same. Thanks @KattoGio !

Updated translation to Aseprite 1.3
Thanks @TakWolf for the heads up!