I have encountered a bug that has caused a file to lose all of its image data, but maintain all of the layer names and frames, everything is just blank.
For more specifics: I am using the current steam version of Aseprite on Windows 10. I was exporting one version of an animation commission at the largest resolution to send to a client, when it started acting funny. Although it fully exported the file, everything was running extremely slowly, and when I opened the task manager, aseprite was using upwards of 6000 mb of memory. So I closed it, restarted my computer and then opened up the next version of the commission. When I went to export it, I was told there wasn’t enough memory to complete the task, and the program fell into “not responding” while I was trying to save it and close to try again. However, when I opened the file back up, I was greeted with “Vector too long” in a console dialogue box, and an empty file save for the first frame. Thankfully I do have a smaller exported version I can scale up using aseprite, but now the work is all gone if I need to make edits.
I was wondering if there was any way to recover the file.
(Just as a forewarning, the content of the commission is NSFW, in case I need to send it to someone to recover, which I saw in another thread My aseprite file is empty)