Get Aseprite beta version

Generally, beta versions will be available only through Steam. You can switch/access to the latest beta version from Aseprite properties. See how to do it.

Remember that your purchase from the website/Humble Bundle/itch/Gumroad includes a Steam key too.

From time to time we may publish beta versions in Humble Bundle, itch.io, and Gumroad websites. If this is the case, on Humble Bundle you can access through your Humble Bundle library (or your purchase link if you didn’t associate your purchase with a Humble Bundle account):

If you don’t see these “Aseprite Beta Installer/Download” buttons, press Ctrl+R or ⌘R in your web browser when you’re in your Humble Bundle library page. If you still don’t see the beta version, it’s because there is no beta version available to be downloaded as a standalone (only through Steam).

3 Likes

Are you going to upload all future beta versions to Humble Bundle, itch.io, and Gumroad?

1 Like

I’m not sure, maybe v1.3-beta will be available only through Steam again, or I’ll start to make beta versions available with other methods (e.g. from a special login to aseprite.org for customers only).

P.S. Yes, I’m talking to myself :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I am gonna reply to all of the posts :sweat_smile: . Thanks! I will use that feature!

1 Like

why my aseprite steam version won’t update automaticly? still stuck on beta9.

Could you please try restarting Steam? That should work.

Ty.now it already solve simply

1 Like

Hello @dacap!
I bought Aseprite via Steam and would like to know how I could get access to it by other available methods (itch-io, humble bundle and etc).
Sometimes I need to access it from a PC without access to Steam.
Is there a possibility?

Hi @wesleysales3d, I’ll send you a link via private message that I’m testing for Steam customers to access to standalone versions.

I bought Aseprite via Steam and I want a beta access too, could you grant me

Please follow these steps.

Hi, I bought aseprite via steam and I would like to get the beta version but I followed the steps of the video but when I try to change from no beta it doesnt let me, I think you have to send me a code or something but can you pls help me?

Hi @Hermanator, you have to close Aseprite first, and then open Aseprite properties from Steam.

I have just installed the last beta from Steam and I can’t open it. I tried installing the other betas (1.1.13) with the same result. I also uninstalled and tried again but nothing different. Only the last released works, 1.2.15.

@JosethSC the latest version available of Aseprite is v1.2.15 (even the beta version). Other beta versions (v1.1.13 and v1.2-beta12) are older versions that are not supported anymore (they are available only because those are the latest version working on Windows XP and might be useful for some users).

how do I get it(version beta 1.3) from my purchase in Humble Bundle?
beta version doesn’t appear.

i guess you don’t? it’s right at the top in the first post:

Itch.io buyer here. I prefer not to install Steam on my production machine. Any chance to access the beta package privately so I can install it on my workstation?

Thanks a lot!

I already have a humble bundle version, but i can’t access the beta versions. There is a way to me purchase the new version(1.3)?
Mainly without Steam?
I’m afraid to purchase it again and still not get access.