Aseprite Scripts Collection

Hi Aseprite friends! ^_^/

I’m going to make an Aseprite Script compilation here, I’ll try to gather links and info about all the scripts the community has made into this post. If you are interested in scripts and can be of any help, please don’t hesitate and help me!! :smiley:

HOW TO INSTALL A SCRIPT:

1. Download the script (scripts are files with .lua extension, so if you download them as a .zip file you will need to uncompress them)
  2. Open the user script folder
    imagen
  3. Copy the script in that folder (if you want you can also create folders there for organisation)
  4. Restart Aseprite.
  5. Then you will be able to access to that script from the File > Scripts > YourScriptName menu option
  6. You can also create a Keyboard Shortcut for each script that you want from the Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts menu (type “script” in the search box to find them easily)

HOW TO CREATE A SCRIPT:

1. You should know how to program a little bit, or at least don’t be scared of trying :slight_smile:
  2. Learn a bit about Lua:
    2.1 all you need to know about Lua.
    2.2 online tester for normal Lua code.
  3. Aseprite scripting API.

SCRIPT LIST:

I’m making some scripts too (I’m not very good though), when they are more or less functional I’ll be adding them into the list.

Also, I’m sure that there are lots of people making Aseprite scripts out there, so if you know (or you are) one of them, or have any suggestion, please leave a comment!! ^^

29 Likes

I’ll add some links for more scripts (you can add them in the original post with more info + author):

4 Likes

I should probably update my github repo since the stuff on the wiki and release is pretty outdated.

3 Likes

I’ve just edited the first post, thank you very much for the links Dacap! :smiley:
That would be great Haloflooder, please do it when you can, thanks! :smiley:

Maybe somebody here knows the guy that did this script? It looks great, I hope he releases it sometime! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Made a little script for listing all slices and removing them, since I had some trouble with corrupt slice data.

4 Likes

Thanks! added to the 1st post ^^

I made a screen color picker for windows

need .Net 4.6.1+
Escape to exit, mouse click to pick color

1. pick screen color and change background color
  2. pick screen color and change foreground color
  3. pick screen color and add it to palette tail

dowload here:
    Aseprite-Sprite-Win-ColorPicker 发行版 - Gitee.com
    project here:
    endlesstravel/Aseprite-Sprite-Win-ColorPicker
2 Likes

Thanks, I have added it to the first post! :smiley:

A question, why is .Net 4.6.1 needed? Also, could you please explain us a little bit more what the script does?

ok, the script start a new .NET program, which to capture screen to select the pixel, and it will output the result as string to stdio, so aseprite can get the color.

2 Likes

Adding this cool script I just found to 1st post!

4 Likes

From the Discord server, there is a script to export to PSD:

4 Likes

That’s great news! I’ll try it right now, thank you! :smiley:

Also, I’ve just updated the 1st post! ^^

Edit:
I’ve just tried the script but it seems that it doesn’t work 100% correctly. I made a simple sprite with just one layer and one frame, saved it, and the exported it to psd.

After that I tried to open the psd file with other programs, but I got these errors using Photoshop and Gimp
imagen
imagen

I could open the psd file using Krita, but the image was pretty broken.

In case somebody already got the script to work correctly, could you please help? :slight_smile:

Edit 2:
It seems that the 2nd version of the script works just fine. I’ve updated the 1st post to include a link to that version of the file.

I think in that case it would be better to report the bug in the repository issues: Issues · Tsukina-7mochi/aseprite-scripts · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll do that :slight_smile:

Hi there! I made my own little repo with one script (so far) that lets you export all tags as individual gifs: GitHub - ThunderFD/Thunders-Aseprite-Scripts: Scripts that I've written to help me automate repetitive tasks in Aseprite.

2 Likes

Hi @ThunderFD! Thank you very much for your script and welcome to Aseprite community! :smiley:

(I’ve edited the 1st post to include it)

1 Like

First post updated with these scripts:

Hi, I recently released a collection of scripts for taking incremental snapshots and then opening it up in Aseprite as a time lapse Record for Aseprite by sprngr

Hopefully people can find some use from it.

3 Likes

Hey, thank you very much @sprngr, and also welcome to Aseprite forums!! :smiley:
I’ve just added it to the first post!

2 Likes

Hey.
I got a problem with the Export Koala script and I do not know what happens. I was trying to export a sample pic (4 colors, c64 palette, 160x100 pixels) to Koala format but got the following error message:

Can anybody help me with that? Am I doing something wrong?
How can I get a koala pic out of Aseprite?
Thank you very much in advance!